Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Power of Joy


This morning I got up, made my bed, put away the clean dishes and then got into the shower. As I was fixing breakfast I was pondering how easy it has been to keep the house clean. I'm working long hours, and I come home energized. I'm overbooked, yet I'm prioritizing and getting done what needs to be done. I was thinking about how much happier I am.


I sat down to read, and this morning's chapter was about the power of love and connectedness. As I read, I realized that my joy is a direct outcome of the love and connections I am feeling in this new place. I was so isolated in Tiny Village. I was always going to be an outsider there. Always. Here, I feel so welcomed and loved. Those connections are feeding my joy, which is energizing me.


This morning, once again, I give thanks to God for calling me to this place at this time. For 4 years I assured Daughter that God would call us to the right place at the right time. As I write this, I can hear Daughter singing. She's sitting in Administrative Assistant's office (alone-- AA doesn't get in until 9:00) stuffing envelopes. The mommy time and love she experienced yesterday have filled her with joy, too.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Excellent!

I love the Ortberg book. Full of wisdom.