Monday, October 18, 2010

Would Friday Be Okay?

I woke up this morning in a cold house. Not exceedingly cold, but 60, which is cold enough. I could hear the furnace working, so I figured I just needed to set the programmable thermostat to start heating a little earlier in the morning. Daughter got up and complained that the house was cold. I checked the thermostat. The furnace was still running, and the temperature was still 60. I felt the air coming out of the vent. It was cold. I went downstairs and checked the furnace, it was cold (though dutifully blowing the cool air throughout the house). I pulled out the home warranty our realtor purchased for us. I read the fine print and entered a service request on their website. We packed up and came over to the church. A local plumbing and heating company just called. She had received my service request. Would Friday be okay?
.
I pointed out I had no heat. She offered me Wednesday. I reminded her I had no heat. She put me on hold. Someone will be out this afternoon between 12 and 4:00. So much for my plans to be here until 2:00 this afternoon. Knowing my luck, they will be late, and I won't be able to make it back to the church for my 6:30 and 7:00 meetings this evening. On a cheerier note, I did manage to get into the building and successfully disarm the alarm system. Daughter is unpacking the final boxes of books for me. She was excited about coming this morning. I've opened the door to the spare office and she has put her computer and drawing stuff in there. It might be good that we'll be leaving before noon-- she won't have too long to be bored today.

No comments: