Sunday, October 17, 2010

Worship

This morning is my last Sunday to sit in worship without leading it. It has been truly wonderful to have these two weeks free of the responsibility of planning and leading worship. While I enjoy the planning and leading, it does take loads of energy, and it can be hard to truly appreciate worship while responsible for leading it. I enjoy these rare opportunities to sit in the congregation and just soak it in. As I think back, I think this will be the third time this year I've done that-- most of my vacation Sundays have been used to preach elsewhere as part of the search for a new position. Today, we will worship with the people I will begin serving tomorrow. After worship I will go to lunch with the regional church official while Daughter goes home with some members.
.
There is a special service to rededicate a rebuilt organ at a neighboring church this afternoon, but right now I think I'll skip it. The cold medicine helped and I slept well last night, but I am still tired. I suspect a nap may be on the agenda for this afternoon. I want to recover from this cold as quickly as possible-- which means I need to take care of myself.

No comments: