Saturday, October 9, 2010

Intellectual Stimulation

About 5 years ago Brother was in my part of the world on a business trip. He came and spent the night with us. He informed me it was time for me to get out of Tiny Village. He carefully listed the reasons why I had to leave. He informed me my brain was shrivelling up and dying due to lack of intellectual stimulation.
.
I live just west of Capital. This evening I drove to a church just east of Capital for a free lecture by a theologian. It took less than 25 minutes to get there. It was wonderful. I sat there soaking in his words and taking notes. I'm going to have to rework the sermon I had planned for the 24th as a result of what he said, and I'm already thinking through the modifications. I don't think my brain is in danger of shrivelling up right now. We will go back tomorrow morning for worship, since he is going to be preaching. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: