Friday, October 15, 2010

God Is Good

Today we received my driver's license and Daughter's state ID in the mail-- and notification that she has been approved for Medicaid! We didn't even have to go in for an interview. We received notification in ten days time. It's retroactive to October 1, when it stopped in our old state. Apparently the fact that it was a continuing case made things much easier. Now she still doesn't have the card, but that will come in the next few days.
.
We have the assessment scheduled for Wednesday at 3:00. Not only that, but apparently the information about needing Medicaid first wasn't accurate, so we could have scheduled it earlier. What I have come to realize, though, is that Daughter needed time with me to adjust and feel more settled before she started into her program. She has been overwhelmed, and if we had pushed to get things done faster, she would have been even more overwhelmed. This slower pace gives her time to see where I am working and what I'm doing and feel settled in our home before she starts in a program.
.
The woman I talked to yesterday also gave me some information on what I should request at the assessment. I'm pleased. We finished the living room today, and also got some other things done. We went to see the move Secretariat. It was very good, but it included the death of elderly parents-- in the same order my parents died last year. It brought back memories for both of us.
.
I now have a working lawn mower, so tomorrow I'm going to mow my lawn-- hopefully for the last time this year. I'm ready to start work on Monday. God is good. While I've been concerned and impatient about a slow process, I recognize that this has probably been best for Daughter. God's timing is not our timing, and God is never late.

No comments: