Monday, November 28, 2011

A Lost Day

I lost yesterday. I had a stomach bug. I'll spare you the details. Somehow I made it through worship. I then took Daughter back to her home, driving through to pick her up a hamburger on the way, and then I came home and collapsed on the couch, wrapped in a comforter. I made frequent trips to the bathroom and sipped some water occasionally. Around 7:00 I rallied enough to call a friend and ask her to bring me some ginger ale. She works as a nurse in a doctor's office. She told me there is a stomach bug going around that lasts for several days. That was not good news. Around 10:00 I had a piece of toast and went to bed.
.
Sometime yesterday afternoon I had a call from the home. Daughter wanted to go to urgent care. She had a red spot on her back that was itching. I said, "Absolutely not! She's upset because I'm sick. Tell her you're sorry she has a red spot that itches. Tell her I said to wipe it off with an alcohol prep and that will help the itching."
.
Daughter called in the evening. She really wanted to be at home taking care of me. All that would have done is added to my stress. When I get sick, it's very hard on her. She panics.
.
This morning I'm feeling better. I had some chicken noodle soup for breakfast, and came in a little late. I'll probably go home and take a nap this afternoon, since I have a board meeting tonight. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be fully recovered.

2 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

I hope you feel better soon. My DD and youngest son both succumbed to a similar bug. Eldest son gloated that he "never gets sick," which only made his siblings angry and accuse him of lying.
Your DD seems to enjoy going to the emergency room. Do you think she would ever be able to work in one?

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks. I'm feeling better, but am definitely not 100%

I don't think Daughter could handle being in the ER and not being the center of attention. She wants to be the center of the drama....