Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reports

So yesterday afternoon I got teary call from Daughter. She wasn't doing any of the activities at her program. She wanted out of it. She was going to tell her house to pull her out.
.
A few minutes later I got a text from Program Manager: "Your daughter is in excellent spirits."
.
Last night I was in a board meeting and she called on my cell phone. I answered, because sometimes it is staff calling, and I need to be available to them. When I heard Daughter, who was quite distressed, I said, "I'm in a meeting and can't talk. Call me after 8:30. I love you." And I hung up.
.
A woman on the board commented, "She was very happy when I saw her at the mall this morning."
.
A man chimed in, "She was happy when I saw her this afternoon at the bowling alley."
.
When I called her back after my meeting, she was asleep. She called this morning. They have run out of another one of her mood stabilizers. I did manage to get her laughing before we hung ended our conversation. I am grateful for all the reports I receive that she is doing well. It makes it easier for me to ignore her drama.

No comments: