Friday, November 18, 2011

The First Overnight

Daughter was home last night for choir and spent the night. To say she was happy would be an understatement. It went pretty well. I was pleased to discover that they did get her anti psychotic filled, so she is taking it. They hadn't changed her patch, which was due to be changed on Monday. I changed it this morning.
.
This is going to get easier, and in many ways it has gone more smoothly than I anticipated. I'm trying not to get uptight about things until after the training on Monday. If they still are messing up her diabetes after that, they'll hear from Mama Bear. For now, I'm going to enjoy the peace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are successfully riding the roller coaster! Enjoy a peaceful visit. I anticipate some similar ups and downs when we get around to launching our fae dd in a few years. I expect it to be rocky, considering she Looks So Competent, yet her actual independent functioning level is NSM (not-so-much). Appreciate your insights along the way. Rachel in SL

maeve said...

Launching here as well as you know. You're doing a great job. You are an awesome mom.

Reverend Mom said...

Rachel, Glad my ramblings are helpful. I hope you will find the support your dd needs to launch.

Maeve, Thanks. Have you won the battle with the schools?

maeve said...

She's in school and has been going every day. My friend J, who's a lawyer, told me take the bar exam. I copied her on the emails back-and-forth with the school system after my research that made her eligible and the school system liable. Fun, sort of.

Reverend Mom said...

Maeve, That's great! I'm glad she's completing school. That's your doing-- She listened and is following up on what you consider to be important. The final chapter hasn't been written yet....