Friday, November 11, 2011

Moved!

The guys had the trailer loaded and we were on the road by 10:00 this morning. Daughter was excited. The men unloaded the trailer and put the bed together. There was a ton of paperwork. While I worked on that, one of the staff helped her unpack (there wasn't much to do, as we'd moved her dresser with all the clothes in it.)
.
After I finished the paperwork I went to her room to set up her TV. It turns out there is cable available for her, so that was nice. She needed a new light bulb for her lamp and I needed a cable to connect the TV to the cable box, so we went to lunch and then bought those things (which cost exactly $11.11-- but it we didn't buy them at 11:11). I finished setting up her TV, gave her a hug, and left.
.
One of the men invited me to go on a tour of homes and out to dinner with he and his wife tonight. I'm glad I won't be home all alone tonight. It was hard when I pulled away. I wanted to talk to Mom. It doesn't happen as frequently, but there are still times when I miss her terribly. I called Far Away Sister. She sent Tall Niece off to college this fall, so she understands.
.
Tomorrow I'll be at a meeting all day. Sunday I'll pick up Daughter for church. The week will be busy, with a funeral on Monday. Fortunately, I'm just assisting. I will probably drop Daughter off right after we work the soup kitchen on Sunday so I don't have to drag her to the funeral home for visitation.
.
For now, though, I'm going to go get ready for my evening out. I think I will enjoy my new freedom.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm so happy for both of you and I'm glad you got her moved quickly today! I hope you enjoy your evening out, try not to worry too much (hmmm... maybe we should take bets on how many times she calls you tonight? LOL) Have Fun!!