Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Action

Daughter was supposed to have an appointment with Psychiatrist tomorrow, but it was cancelled. Case Manager sent an email to the entire team, which prompted a series of emails. Daughter complained to Program Manager about how the home was out of one of her mood stabilizers and they have had problems getting her prescriptions in a timely manner. Home Manager complained about the new pharmacy. I chimed in and said I'd gone to the local pharmacy to get a prescription filled over the weekend since the agency pharmacy said my insurance wouldn't cover one of her meds. I said the medication issues were damaging Daughter's sense of safety at her placement.
.
Nurse was in on the emails, and was outraged. She marched down the hall to the pharmacy, and informed them of how things would be. When a house orders a medication, it is to be filled and delivered that day. She is going to further investigate, and has promised to get to the bottom of it and see that it doesn't happen again. I believe her.
.
On the health front, I had a rough night and morning. Beginning to eat yesterday started up the intestinal misery again. I went into the office today, but I cancelled appointments away from the church, and didn't move around much. Administrative Assistant came to me, I didn't go to her.
.
Things are going well at the church. It looks like the results of the stewardship drive will be good. We aren't going to meet the challenge budget, but given the current state of the economy, we are delighted to see a healthy increase in giving, including a number of new pledges. The new board members were at last night's board meeting. They are a good group of people, and I'm looking forward to working with them. Almost all of them are serving on the board for the first time, which is good.
.
We were looking for the large manger the church has to put it in the spiritual house we built this fall. A couple of the board members knew exactly where it was this fall, but it has mysteriously vanished. One of them came back and looked some more today, and when he couldn't locate it, he went home and built a new one.
.
We have ordered a new phone system. We have one that was used when it was installed a number of years ago. It is not digital, and we can't change the programming on it. It takes forever to get to voice mail on it. The new one will enable us to use caller ID and will have many nice features, including a cordless phone for when we're out of the office doing things elsewhere in the building.
.
We will also be adding some insulation before the end of the year, which should solve a problem we've been having with ice dams. This summer we're going to host a traveling day camp run by the church camp Daughter attended last summer. We're very excited about this opportunity to reach out to the children in our community. We have a number of members who mentor children in the elementary school, so we will invite those children and offer them scholarships to attend.
.
I came home this afternoon and brought the Christmas tree upstairs. It is up and ready for ornaments. I may add those later this evening, or I may wait until tomorrow. I did the outside decorations on Saturday. Sunday and Monday were lost, but my goal is to do something every day. I'm doing a Christmas open house on December 18th, so I need to begin getting ready for it.

No comments: