Monday, November 14, 2011

A Full Day

I'm hoping Daughter got a good night's sleep, and that her return to her program today will be reassuring to her. She called me in tears last night, homesick and wanting to come home. She said they didn't have anything for her lunch today. I assured her that they made lunches for others, and would have something she could take in her lunch.
.
I'm going to be very busy today, with a funeral this afternoon and two meetings this evening in addition to all the Monday tasks. I think it will be good to be so busy. This is one of those days that dinner would have been on the table when Daughter got off the bus and we wouldn't have headed out the door to get back to the church as soon as we'd eaten. Now, Daughter will go home to dinner and time with her friends. In time, I think she will come to appreciate that. This is one of those weeks when I have commitments 4 evenings in a row (5 if you count the funeral home yesterday).
.
I'm hoping that if Daughter does call this morning, she feels better because she's had a good night's sleep. I slept in an hour this morning-- until 6:30. It felt good. The bus picked Daughter up at 6:30, so I was always up by 5:45 at the very latest, but usually around 5:00. Since it's often 9:00 before I get home after evening commitments, it made for very long days for both of us. The move will enable both of us to get more sleep and have more down time.

No comments: