Thursday, November 24, 2011

Another Medication Issue and Thanksgiving

Daughter called several times yesterday. She wanted to come home immediately. She was definitely on edge. The last time she called, she said she'd just exploded and was afraid she was going to explode again. I asked if she still had her patch on. She got mad and told me she didn't know and couldn't tell. I asked her to give the phone to a staff member.
.
The staff member was very apologetic, saying she didn't know what had set her off. I told her I didn't think this was about anything that happened and asked her to check Daughter's back for a patch. She did and there wasn't a patch. I told her to get a new one on her and wished her luck. I think that staff member will remember to check for the patch....
.
I am very thankful that we have found a placement for Daughter that seems to be working.
.
I'll be picking Daughter up in 4 hours. We'll pick up Sister, and then head to Brother's. I made cranberry relish last night for my contribution. I love cranberry relish. Brother, who lives in a very small house, had invited over 20 people. Sister and I were relieved to hear there will only be about a dozen people there.
.
Sister will be missing Short Niece, who will be with her dad. It's the first Thanksgiving since Sister moved out (more than 7 years after the break in the marriage-- it's a long and complicated story). Sister was very grateful that I was willing to come pick her up and take her to Thanksgiving. We'll make it fun. How can it be anything but fun with Baby Nephew there?
.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: