Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Overwhelmed

The manager at Daughter's residential placement is new-- she's been there maybe a month. She's been with the company longer, but is new to this position. She gave me another stack of paperwork yesterday. I looked it over, and some of it should have been filled out at the meeting yesterday. I think this is manager's first move-in, and I suspect she's feeling almost as overwhelmed as Daughter and I are.
.
Daughter is not doing well with this right now. She's very volatile, to say the least. It doesn't help that we're trying to accomplish this move in the midst of a very crazy week for me. I have someone dying, was tied up all afternoon, and have 4 commitments tomorrow. I have a meeting over an hour away on Thursday afternoon. This is our only evening home, and Daughter is not wanting to do any packing. She's overwhelmed, to say the least. I'm trying to break it down for her. "Pick out three pairs of pants that fit you and bring them here."
.
Fortunately, the move doesn't have to be complete on Friday. As long as we get the furniture moved while we have the men and the church trailer, we can take the other things over gradually. I have men lined up to help with the move. I'm very grateful to be in ministry with this congregation. With their help, it's a little less overwhelming.

No comments: