Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Difference

Daughter was happy and cooperative this morning. We had a potluck after worship. I was sitting across from some friends, and she said, "You seem much more rested and relaxed since Daughter moved out."
.
I think she's right. I took back right after church today. She was glad to get back. She was greeted warmly, and was planning to do her laundry. I then came home and unlocked the pantries and refrigerator and put the cable lock and keys in the drawer. It's wonderful not to have to wear the keys around my neck. It's wonderful to have the fruit out on the counter.
.
I think my friend was right-- I am more rested and relaxed. I like it.

2 comments:

maeve said...

We give our lives over to these kids and think we have no choice. Then we discover that they need us a lot less than they/we think. It takes awhile but it's freeing. Enjoy your freedom without guilt. I'm trying to do the same. Easier said than done.

Reverend Mom said...

It is easier said than done. But we can do it. We survived our kids, we can do anything!