Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Teary Phone Call

Daughter called with her standard tearful command, "You need to come get me now." After some complaints she finally said enough for me to figure out what had caused her such distress. The other diabetic at the house had a low blood sugar-- it dropped to 15, and they had called 911. Daughter was terrified. So we had a long conversation. I assured her that she knows how to keep herself safe and that wouldn't happen to her.
.
I finally distracted her by asking her about the movie she went to see this evening with a church friend. Once she was focused on that, I reassured her again that she knows how to take care of her diabetes, and she could keep herself safe. She finally hung up when the ambulance arrived for the woman with the low blood sugar.

No comments: