Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wonderful Day


I got to the office before 7:00 this morning and started on all the various things I needed to write. I'd accomplished a lot be the time Administrative Assistant arrived at 9:00, which was good, because from then until I left for a lunch appointment we had a steady stream of people coming through the office. There were some really good conversations with those people.
.
The picture of Daughter appeared on the camp's website this morning. I think she is having fun. We were showing that to people coming through the office. She looks so happy and relaxed. Several suggested it would be a good time to take a picture of me, since I also looked happy and relaxed.
.
I had lunch with a colleague, and we talked for almost 2 hours. There were supposed to be 6 of us, but only 2 of us showed. He is doing a Wednesday prayer service, which I want to start in the fall. I was asking him questions about how he does it and what works. By the time we left, I had the vision for a space I want to create at the church for use with the prayer service and also small groups I'll be leading the fall. I came back and said something to Administrative Assistant, and we had it all planned out before she left (late, again).
.
I told her I don't know which one of us is looking forward to my vacation more-- I think she's looking forward to things being a bit quieter around here. In previous years she's cut her hours in the summer. That hasn't happened yet this summer-- maybe while I'm away.
.
I'm excited about the opportunities ahead of us. Have I mentioned recently how much I love my life? Now, though, I need to focus on the things that need to get done before I leave.

No comments: