Thursday, June 23, 2011

Good Things


Administrative Assistant is working on a logo for our fall theme of Building a Spiritual House. She found a book yesterday she said we needed to order-- so we did. I'm looking forward to reading it when it comes. I don't know if it will be any good or we'll be able to use it, but it looks like fun.

I received an email today from Daughter's therapist. The psychologist who had been in court for the guardianship hearing was concerned about Daughter's PTSD and the way it affected her at the hearing. She had spoken to Therapist about it, and Therapist emailed me, Case Manager, and Program Manager to see how Daughter was doing. I thanked her for her concern, and assured her that Daughter had been reacting to a number of things (including beginning to move toward "graduating" from therapy), but was recovering and the reaction hadn't been that bad or long.
.
The church is paying for Daughter's second week of camp. There is a nice amount set aside in the mission budget for camp scholarships, and since Daughter is the only one going to camp, they're paying the entire amount. Respite money is supposed to cover the first week. Administrative Assistant pointed out that it was not only about giving Daughter a good week at camp, it was about taking care of the pastor. Apparently there is an active grapevine here, and many know that I was pretty wiped out at the beginning of the week. I expressed surprise at how quickly news gets around, and was informed that unlike Tiny Village, they use computers and email here.
.
After Administrative Assistant and I went over calendar on Tuesday, it turned into a productive week. Today I wrote birthday notes for everyone having a birthday in July or August. I don't know how many it was, but there were quite a few. They're in addressed envelopes, with a date where the stamp goes. When the date arrives, AA puts a stamp on them and puts them in the mail. People are loving receiving personal notes from me for their birthday.
.
Normally in the summer Administrative Assistant cuts back her hours. She hasn't been able to do that yet, but hopefully will be able to do that while I'm gone in July. Once I get back in August things will get busier as we finalize preparations for the fall program.
.
I was listening to music while I worked today, and found several songs I want to teach the congregation come fall. We ordered a new songbook today.
.
I have Sunday's sermon outlined. I went out to lunch, and have found that sitting alone in a restaurant is a good time and place to take all the thoughts that have been floating around in my head into a sermon outline.
.
Daughter had a better day today. She called once to tell me Birth Brother's son had been born. She was quite excited about it. She'll be more excited when she gets on FaceBook and sees the pictures.

No comments: