Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Little Things

Sometimes I am amazed by the things that will set Daughter off. Yesterday she got home a little after 5:00, and wanted some ice cream for a snack. I told her she could have ice cream for a snack at bedtime, now it was time for supper. I was gathering the things I needed to put hamburgers on the grill as I spoke. She said she wanted a snack, not supper. I repeated what I had just told here. She was furious. She went into a rant about how she hates her life and she doesn't like riding the bus and she wasn't going to do her chores and stormed off to her bedroom, slamming the door.
.
I went out and cooked the hamburgers. I called her when they were done, and she came and ate as though nothing had happened. She had ice cream for her bedtime snack. It's amazing the little things that will set her off.

No comments: