Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Silent Phone

Daughter couldn't take her cell phone to camp, so she can't call me. It's rare for her to make it through the day without calling me at least once. She's well known for that. She often asks me to come get her early, and even though I always say no, she continues to ask. Sometimes I think she just creates reasons to call me. It's like she has to check to make sure I'm still here. As of right now, I haven't seen or heard from her since I dropped off her medication at the camp at noon yesterday. I'm enjoying the break from the phone calls, though I must admit it's a bit weird.

Kitten misses her-- she slept with me last night, and yelled at me a bit when I got home at 9:00. By 10:30, she was biting my toes, trying to get my attention. The house is quiet, and it's nice. I like having things unlocked. It's wonderful change.

It looks like it's going to be sunny and hot most of the week. I'm sure Daughter is having a good time. I'm hoping for a productive week at church and home without the work and distractions Daughter brings into my life. I haven't had this kind of break since she went to diabetes camp 9 years ago. When she's been in the hospital she's still called, and I've had to make the 45 mile journey to visit her most evenings. I do miss her, but it's good. I know she's safe and that she is having a good time. Now to see how much I can accomplish today.

No comments: