Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Freedom

I am so enjoying the freedom to set my own schedule without worrying about Daughter. As I look at how much easier my life is and how much more responsible Daughter is being in caring for her own health needs, I am more convinced that I need to move her into a group home sooner rather than later. I need to let her case manager know that I am ready to start checking out possibilities for Daughter.

Tonight I'm going to the choir's end of the year picnic. I just had a nice long conversation with one of the higher ups in the denomination. It was nice to be able to talk about the good things that are happening and the challenges ahead.

The weather is still dangerously hot, and it's been a good day.

2 comments:

maeve said...

This respite camp is truly a gift to you. And you are getting the message. Great job.

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks, Maeve. It takes a while for me to get messages, but I think I'm finally getting this one!