Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Day of Lows

Daughter had several low blood sugars yesterday. I find myself playing the guessing game again as I try to figure out what is behind them: Did I mess up her long acting insulin Tuesday night and give her too much? Did I miscalculate the carbs in her food? Did she somehow manage to sneak extra insulin? Are her insulin needs dropping?
.
She doesn't have these days very often since I tightened up control of the insulin. She called me about 3:30 yesterday to tell her blood sugar was low. She was hoping I'd come get her. I assured her she'd be fine, and suggested she eat an extra package of crackers before she got on the bus at 4:00. Her blood sugar was on the low end of the normal range when she got home.
.
She was diagnosed 11 years ago. Since she's been diagnosed, I've been hearing that there will be a cure in 5 years. We're still waiting.

No comments: