Monday, June 6, 2011

The Gift of Time

When I got to the camp today and discovered I had forgotten her medication and would have to get it back by lunch so she would have her insulin, it really didn't bother me that much. It meant an extra 3 hours in the car, but it was okay. In fact, I viewed it as a gift. It was 3 hours when I couldn't do research for the sermon, respond to emails, or plan for this evening's meeting.

I prayed, I talked to my sister on the phone, and I enjoyed the drive. I drove through a fastfood restaurant for lunch, and then once I got to the church, I just stayed there until my meeting this evening, eating my planned lunch for supper. It was wonderful not to have to worry about Daughter. I am going to enjoy the gift of time: the time away to pray in the car today, and the time without Daughter this week. It truly is a great gift.

No comments: