Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Downside of Freedom

Without Daughter here to slow me down, I've been working way too many hours this week. I left the house at 7:00 yesterday morning, and didn't get home until after 9:00 last night. I've made plans to go into the office tomorrow morning, which is supposed to be my day off. Administrative Assistant and I are making two new banners for Pentecost Sunday. I'll post pictures when they're done. The concept is simple, but they are proving to be a bit more time consuming than we anticipated.

While I'm working a lot of hours, I've enjoyed not having to worry about Daughter's needs. I enjoyed the choir party last night. She wasn't hanging on me and bugging me to leave. She wasn't asking for food she knew she couldn't have. It was much more relaxing without her there.

I'm hoping her success at camp will be the confidence boost that will enable her to be more responsible here at home. I hope.

No comments: