Monday, June 21, 2010

The Tic Is Back

I am remembering why it is that I don't deal with my own medical needs. We spent 4 1/2 hours on the oral surgeon today, and she'll go back on the 30th to get all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. Insurance should pay for 2 of the 4 (and the 2 most expensive at that). I'm supposed to be going to PT 3 times a week. I'm trying to schedule that at 8:00 in the morning to minimize the disruption of my work day. That means I need to drag Daughter with me, have her sit in the waiting room, and then drop her off at the gift shop. Monday I will do PT at 8:00, have my stomach scoped at 11:00, and then drive Daughter to Big City to see Psychiatrist at 3:00. The schedule is going to be exceedingly tight: PT is 11 miles west, scope is 21 miles east, Psychiatrist is 45 miles west. I won't be able to drive, so that will make it more challenging. If I could get her rescheduled before mid-July, I'd probably cancel the appointment with Psychiatrist. I could probably reschedule my scope, but I hate to do it on a work day, and if it will be the middle of July before I can get another appointment because of our travel schedule.
.
I also have PT scheduled for Wednesday next week. That will have to be cancelled, as Daughter is getting her wisdom teeth out at 8:15 that morning. That will probably take the entire day. We'll have to leave home at 6:15 to make sure we're there on time. She will be asleep for the procedure. You add those meds to her others, and it will be a while before I can safely maneuver her to the car for the long drive home. Managing her blood sugar could be a challenge, too.
.
I'll see about rescheduling the PT for Tuesday, since I doubt I'm going to be able to get very far from home on Thursday. Daughter does not do well with pain, and she can't handle narcotic pain medication. I anticipate her being a Clingon. A very demanding, annoying Clingon. She'll want full body contact with me, and it's too hot and humid for that, even with air conditioning.
.
She is also seeing Therapist weekly right now, so I'll have to fit that into the schedule as well. I have a full time job. I mean a full time job in addition to being Daughter's mom. I still have orders for a hearing test and mammogram for me. I don't think I'll try to schedule them right now. Yes, the tic is back....

No comments: