Friday, June 18, 2010

The Motel

We arrived at our friends' home yesterday evening about 5:00. We went out to eat and then to an outdoor concert that featured a brass band. It was a beautiful evening, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Today we went to see Toy Story 3, and then went for ice cream. My friend and I spent a little time talking about Sunday's service, since it will be at the church she serves as pastor.
.
Then we loaded up the car and drove about 45 minutes to our motel. I haven't lived within 45 minutes of my friend since we were in seminary together, and that was over 25 years ago. It would be wonderful to be this close!
.
When we arrived here, there was a gift basket of local delicacies waiting for us-- and it included sugar free candy and no sugar added apple butter. Daughter's face lit up. "They know I'm a diabetic! They thought about me!" I was up too late last night, so it will be an early night tonight. They are picking us up at 8:30, and our first interview is at 9:00. It will be a full day. I'm looking forward to finally meeting these good people who were so thoughtful in the gift basket they provided us.
.
Yesterday I had an email from a church in a distant state wondering if I was still available and interested in their position. I hope I'm not. I hope that I'm going to be planning a move soon. I need to remember that God will provide the right place at the right time.

No comments: