Friday, June 4, 2010

Three Friends

Daughter called me when she was almost home to tell me she hadn't called me today. I wouldn't have figured it out without that call. She was very excited when she got home. Super Supervisor was back. She told SS that if she didn't call me all day I'd take her to the concert tonight, so she was going to have to talk to SS if she was upset about anything. The one man was much calmer now that SS was back.
.
How much impact did SS' absence have on Daughter? She was entirely different this evening. I was amazed by the change. Daughter asked me about my day, and when she heard that I had been to the nursing homes, she asked about the health of the residents by name. She expressed concern when she saw me rub my sore knee. She was cooperative at home. I'm going to have to talk to SS about these days off-- they are entirely too hard on Daughter (and me)!
.
We went to the pizza buffet and then the concert. I set up my lawn chair near the back of the crowd. People start claiming their space at 1:00 in the afternoon, so by the time we get there, it's hard to find spots close enough to see the stage. There was a huge crowd there tonight, because there is also an annual festival going on in Town. That made parking a challenge.
.
Daughter hooked up with workshop friends and was up front dancing with them. She also saw three of her high school friends. M is pregnant with her 2nd child. She caught her husband with another woman, so Monday she's going to start the divorce process. She's due next month, and she's supposed to be on bed rest. Somehow I don't think walking around Town pushing a toddler in a stroller is bed rest. She doesn't have a job. K was there with her older son. She had an infant she left home sleeping. Her husband is abusive. Neither of them are employed. N is also pregnant with her second child. She told Daughter she is working and happy. Daughter was talking about her friends on the way home about her 3 friends on the way home. All of these women were in Daughter's special ed classes. She was lamenting the way they are messing up their lives and the impact it is having on their children. She expressed no envy, and only appropriate concern. Like I said, I'm going to have to talk to Super Supervisor about not taking any more days off....

No comments: