Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why Try?

Sometime back I carefully wrapped Daughter's mattress in plastic shower curtains and secured them with packing tape. I have multiple layers of protection on the bed. I have been buying De.pends. She soaks through them, but it minimizes the urine that gets on the linens. So this morning I went up to her room. I really should know better, but I went into her room.
.
There was a puddle of urine on the plastic. The plastic had been pulled off at the foot of the bed, and the mattress is again soaked. Apparently she doesn't like wearing De.pends. I have spent many dollars trying to minimize the damage and inconvenience. The damage and inconvenience are the point. I can't win. The house is going to stink of urine. She wins.
.
I was going to wash her hair today, but I don't want to be near her right now. She gave me a list this morning. If she completed certain chores she wanted me to take her to the store so she could buy things for making jewelry. Of course, she still hasn't paid off the ipod. I pointed out that she had left it where Kitten could chew up the earphones. She informed me she knew that. Walking helps me when I'm angry, but thanks to my wonderful knee, I can't do much walking right now. Thanks to my stomach issues, I can't take the medication that will relieve my pain.
.
Today is one of those days when I wish I had alternatives. I'm on vacation this week, and I'm going to check Monday to see if I can arrange respite for a night or two. I need to get away from her right now. I've been listening to podcasts today. That's helping.

1 comment:

Miz Kizzle said...

Yes! Respite! As many nights as you can get.
You may have to toss the mattress and the rug and start fresh with a cheap mattress from the classifieds or Craigslist. The less that's in the room for now the easier it will be to clean.
Bad smells are totally depressing. It might be worthwhile to get professional cleaners in to give the room a heavy duty sanitizing.