Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's not Camping, But...

July 4 Daughter and I head to a conference after worship. The conference ends Friday, and I've been trying to figure out what to do for those extra 2 days. I didn't want to take the all of the camping gear for just 2 nights. We have a large tent, screen house, and various other items that are such that I prefer to camp for at least a week once we go to the work of setting all up. I considered just taking part of it, but didn't like that idea.
Yesterday I got busy and started researching options. I found a lakeside motel on an inland lake far enough north of here that hopefully it won't be too hot. Even if it is hot, we'll have an air conditioned motel room. It's near state parks for hiking (if my knee will handle it) and various historical sites. Daughter, of course, didn't want to do it. Then I showed her the pictures. I wouldn't do it for for a week, but for 2 nights, I'll spend the money.
.
Hopefully it will give me the outdoor time I need. I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. You may want to check out the reviews of the place online from former guests. You can't rely on them 100 percent, but they give you an idea of whether the place is okay or if it's a dump.
You could check the F*rommer's suggestions for places to stay in the area where you're going. They've pretty trustworthy.

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks. I just checked the reviews, and they were mixed. Some were pretty negative, some were glowing. Since we won't be spending a lot of time at the motel, it should be okay. There aren't a lot of options in that area, and I don't want to go further north to the big tourist areas with more options. The weekend traffic at those places is not pleasant. On a brighter note, the temperature was 89 here and 71 there. I'd much rather be there.