Monday, June 28, 2010

Dr. Hairy Ears

That's what my friend, C, and I are calling the doctor who scoped my stomach this morning. Both of us were amazed by the amount of black hair he had growing out of his ears. I had lots of scar tissue in my esophagus. Think I'm good at ignoring my own physical needs? He stretched it some, but was not able to stretch it as much as he'd have liked to because of the amount of scar tissue there. I go back at the end of August to see if it has helped. I can already answer that-- it's helped. It was much easier to take my pills when I got home. My throat is sore, but other than that I feel great.
.
I'll get a letter with the results of the biopsies he did in a couple of weeks. I understand I was out of it at first, but my recovery has been quick. One of the nurses suggested I wait until I got home to eat, as many people throw up the first time they eat. By the time we got to my favorite deli, I decided that rather than having C and Daughter go in and get food to go, I was going to try to eat. We did sit near the bathroom, but I was fine. I had half my sandwich, chips, and iced tea. C wouldn't let me get my favorite tomato soup, but she didn't object to the caffeine, which was generous of her. He said I could go back to some of those things in moderation.
.
I suspect I'm off the ibuprofen permanently. I'll have to adjust to Tylenol and some level of pain, I guess. I also have a hiatal hernia. At least Dr. Hairy Ears didn't tell me my problems were the result of aging. (Maybe he figured I already knew that.) We made it through our first medical procedure, now we await the big event: Daughter's wisdom teeth extraction on Wednesday.

No comments: