Wednesday, June 30, 2010

They're Gone

We left the house a little after 6:15, and got home a little after 1:00, and the wisdom teeth are now history. I probably shouldn't say this, but Daughter is doing much better than I anticipated. She drank a fruit smoothie on the way home, and once I gave her a pain pill and frozen beans to hold on her face, stopped moaning about the pain. Amazingly, she was awake most of the way home. She's walking and moving around fine, too.
.
She's upstairs watching TV right now. I hope her recovery continues to go smoothly. Unless there is a problem, we don't need to go back. That is good news. She was worrying again, and I reminded her how worried she'd been about my scope on Monday, and how well that had gone-- I suggested that it would be the same with her wisdom teeth. That seemed to help her put things into perspective.
.
When they came to the waiting room to get her, she was sitting on the floor leaning against my legs and moving to the music on her ipod. I am very relieved that it is over.

4 comments:

maeve said...

Great that the teeth are gone and that she's doing OK. Miss K's dental stuff has not been easy. Give that girl a hug from us.

M.

Anonymous said...

That's great. Be aware that the pain is often worse the next morning, when the swelling has a chance to set in. She may need more pain pills but she should take them on a full stomach. You probably know that but just in case you don't, you don't want her getting nauseated.

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks to you both. She was feeling good enough this evening that she wanted to back to the gift shop tomorrow morning. I told her we'd talk about it tomorrow. We leave Sunday, and I plan on her being home with me until then.

Jules said...

Awesome news! I'm so glad she did ok. I have to have some work done on my gums on monday, I'm super nervous. I've never had dental work done before.