Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday

Daughter is off to the workshop, armed with a list of things she can do when she gets anxious that don't involve calling me. She is strongly motivated by the desire to attend the concert in the park tonight. One of her friends (and one who isn't caught up in all the drama) has earned the privilege of going to the concert, and Daughter wants to meet her there. Much to her annoyance, I reminded her of how many times I've given her another chance and suggested she do the same for Sub. She is now convinced that Sub almost killed her with insulin mistakes, so it is going to be a challenge for her to trust her.
.
This morning I'm going to finish the sermon, and this afternoon I will pick up one of the saints and take communion to some of our shut-ins. I'm looking forward to the concert this evening, so I hope Daughter doesn't blow it. If I ignore her calls, can I pretend I didn't receive them so we can still go to the concert? Unfortunately, if I didn't answer her anxiety level would sky rocket as she tried to figure why I wasn't answering. If she does call, I'll convince myself I didn't want to go to the concert. There's a festival in Town this weekend which could make parking difficult to find. I don't want to have to walk far on my bad knee. It's amazing how much more it hurts now that I know I tore something....

No comments: