Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Concrete Thinking

I had an interesting discussion with Daughter yesterday morning. She claimed she was dry. I asked her to bring down her de.pends to prove it. She did, and it was soaked. I pointed this out. She protested, saying the bed wasn't wet. I said that meant the De.pends had soaked up all the urine, not that she hadn't wet herself.
.
At bedtime last night, the issue came up again. "I didn't wet last night!."
.
"Yes, you did. Your de.pends was soaked."
.
"But my bed wasn't wet!"
.
"Tonight I want you to get up and go to the bathroom so your de.pends isn't wet either."
.
This morning her de.pends was dry. She's wearing her new outfit and talking about how much she loves the colors. She pointed out that she had a headband and bands that matched it. She's singing "Lord of the Dance" as she gets ready to leave. Maybe today will be a better day. The morning already has been better.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bedwetting is a fairly recent problem, isn't it? By recent I mean it started a few months ago. Does she sleep so deeply that she can't drag herself out of bed and to the toilet? I wonder if it's a medication issue.
I know many sexually abused children wet the bed as a deterrent. It's really a very clever solution. If Flasher is out of the picture and she's not dating anyone currently it doesn't seem like she feels as if sexual demands are being made of her. It's very strange.

Reverend Mom said...

The bedwetting started at the end of January-- when we were out of town for an interview with a church. There were no medication changes at the time. She is able to stop it for up to 3 nights at time, then she gets mad and starts back up. Part of it may be the uncertainty that comes with the knowledge that I am searching for a new church. I hope that the interview this weekend will lead to a call. If it doesn't, the search will go on hold for a while.