Tuesday, June 8, 2010

He's Back!

I was outside grilling when Daughter came looking for me. She was crying. "What's wrong?" It took a few minutes before she could talk. "It's about that person you don't like."
.
"What's going on with Flasher?"
.
"I was talking to Nice Guy and Flasher isn't safe in his home with his family."
.
"Why isn't he safe?"
.
"He's not allowed to talk to any of his friends or be in sports or anything."
.
Of course, she told me again that her life isn't complete without a boyfriend, and that Flasher is her one true love. It took a while, but I finally convinced her that Flasher had probably brought this on himself. At least he won't be contacting her. If he really isn't allowed to do sports, I may let her do softball this year. We'll see.

1 comment:

Miz Kizzle said...

How does not being allowed to talk to his friends or to play softball make Flasher unsafe in his home? He's not being abused or endangered; he's paying the price for some very bad decisions. There's a huge difference.
It amazes me how people like your DD are able to remember the "therapy-speak" phrases and use them to try and justify what they want but they don't (or they pretend they don't) understand what the phrases really mean.