Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Afternoon

This afternoon we went to Town. The hospital was having an open house for their new Emergency Room, which opens at 5:00 tomorrow morning. I had my paycheck to deposit, there were prescriptions for Daughter waiting at the pharmacy, I needed gas, and I wanted to get some things from the grocery store. Since it was over 90, we ended at the grocery store. I wanted to minimize the time the milk sat in the hot car.
.
As we headed back toward Tiny Village, I felt the urge to call a woman who had her second surgery in two weeks on Friday. It was supposed to be outpatient and was supposed to fix a problem the first surgery created. I was at the hospital before her surgery and waited with her husband through part of the surgery.
.
So I called her cell phone, and she sounded terrible. She's still in the hospital, and they're talking about a third surgery this evening. I turned around and headed back to the hospital. Daughter transferred the cold stuff to the insulated bag we keep in the car while I went up to the floor. Daughter was supposed to wait in the lobby, but instead she decided she needed to give me back the keys right away and she also wanted me to know it was raining, so she came up to the floor. Of course, it didn't work. I thanked her for the keys and sent her back downstairs. The woman I was visiting was amused. We had a good visit. I'll call her tomorrow, but won't be able to visit again until Tuesday because I won't be able to drive after my scope tomorrow morning.
.
I'm glad I listened to the urge to call and check on her. One trip to town, 6 items checked off the to do list. A pretty good afternoon. Daughter is being cooperative this afternoon. That makes it a very good afternoon.

No comments: