Monday, June 14, 2010

Grace

I was getting some new capri pants for myself today, and bought a pair for Daughter. She has been asking for new clothes, and I have been pointing out that she doesn't need them and challenging her to earn them. I had gotten rid of several pairs of my own last year, and one pair that I had kept was too big for me, which is why I bought new ones for myself. It's a moment of grace. I didn't say anything, I just hung the new outfit in her bedroom. She was delighted.
.
She says she had a good day today. Maybe she'll have a good evening tonight. If not, at least she'll have a new outfit to wear tomorrow, and maybe it will remind her that I love her even when she doesn't deserve it. I love her because she's my Daughter, and no matter what she does, she will always be my Daughter.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Grace is a beautiful thing. Thanks for the reminder to act in grace today.

~Kari

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed. She knows you love her. Her frustration and anger is with herself; it just gets directed at you.