Thursday, June 17, 2010

Packing

This afternoon we will leave to go visit some friends before heading to the community where I have an interview. The interview starts Saturday, and will conclude Sunday afternoon. They have made motel reservations for us for Friday and Saturday nights. I told Daughter about the interview during her appointment with Therapist yesterday evening. Interestingly, Daughter had already figured it out. Amazing what she can and can't figure out with her IQ of 68.
.
She really wants to move. Therapist spelled out quite clearly what her role was this weekend. During the formal interview Saturday morning, Daughter will be entertaining herself in another room or the hall. Therapist told her she could call me and interrupt the interview. Daughter didn't know if she could do that. Therapist told her she has to call Therapist before she calls me. Therapist realizes she has just guaranteed that Daughter will call her Saturday morning, and she's okay with that. We're very fortunate to have Therapist.
.
I'm getting excited, and confess that I'm a little bit anxious. I know that God will call me to the right place at the right time just as God did with my first two calls. It would be nice if I knew where and when that would be, but that's not the way faith works. This church would be challenging, but there is so much about it that I like, from their commitment to mission to their embrace of new styles of worship. Their interim pastor has done excellent work helping them heal from past conflicts. For those of you who pray, I'd ask that you pray that God's will would be done and that Daughter and I would experience peace this weekend.

No comments: