Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Waiting

Daughter is anxious about the upcoming removal of her wisdom teeth. It's going to be a very long week as we wait for the date to arrive. This morning she called telling me she couldn't take it and her mouth was hurting too much and I had to come get her. Sub was there, not Super Supervisor. I told her she needed to focus on other things and find something to keep her busy.
.
When she came home (she lasted through the day), she told me she needed to get out of there and go back to Adult Daycare. She was reprimanded for the high heeled sandals she was wearing when she wandered into the workshop to wait for the bus home. They have to wear close toed shoes at the workshop. She was mad at me for pointing out that the rules still apply to her when she's at the workshop.
.
So she's sleeping. She got up off the couch, looked at the chore list I offered, and stormed upstairs to sleep in her bed. The real issue: she's terrified of the upcoming dental procedure. I'm not looking forward to it, either. Daughter doesn't wait well. It will be a long week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they knock her out to pull the wisdom teeth it shouldn't be too traumatic. It aches a lot afterwards but that's what drugs are for. My husband had his wisdom teeth out and was given Demerol for the first time. He spent a couple of hours singing Kumbaya and smiling at his fingers.

Reverend Mom said...

At this point, I'm more worried about the recovery time. I suspect that will be traumatic for me.... If I'm lucky, she'll sleep. The explanation of what was going to happen and all the people who have offered reassurance seem to have helped. Pregnant Best Friend had told her horror stories about having hers pulled. I finally reminded her that Pregnant Best Friend wasn't the most reliable source.