Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Aftermath

Daughter didn't sleep well after the incident at the park yesterday. She was up at 3:00 this morning, and was bouncing on my bed before 6:00. I told her she couldn't bother me until 6:15, and she actually waited until 6:30 to bug me again. She seems to be slightly manic right now. She was cleaning the 2 pounds of strawberries I bought and had 6 cans of fruit and a bag of apples out to make fruit salad when I came downstairs. I told her that was a bit much, so she added one can of pineapple and one can of peaches. We had some with our supper, and I'm going to throw some in the blender and freeze it in ice cube trays. It will be something she can have after she has her wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow morning.
.
Pregnant Best Friend gave birth Sunday evening, which I guess makes her Mommy Best Friend. Daughter found out this morning and of course she wanted to go visit right away. I dropped her off at the hospital for about 15 minutes while I ran to the grocery store. That satisfied her. MBF is going home tomorrow. I think I'm glad Daughter won't be around to hear about the drama for the first week or so.
.
I'm tired this evening-- I spent 2 hours at the hospital with the family of a woman who had a seizure a couple of weeks ago. When they got her to the ER, they discovered she was full of cancer. She's been on a ventilator ever since. A relative of the woman is a member of the church, and asked me to go visit. I did. I was meeting the husband and daughter for the first time. It was exhausting. They were grateful for my visit. I hope it was helpful.
.
I don't think my esophagus is staying stretched. I felt like things were getting stuck at lunch and supper today.
.
I'm tired, and I'm rambling. I think I'll go to bed early tonight. I want to be on the road at 6:15 tomorrow morning for Daughter's 8:15 surgery. It will be another long day....

No comments: