Friday, June 4, 2010

Three Smiles

I took communion out this afternoon and had some wonderful visits. The 92 year old woman I had with me asked about the cord for my GPS, so I demonstrated it for her. She thought it was wonderful.
.
Daughter made it through the day without calling me, so we will be going to the concert this evening. She isn't home yet, so I don't know if she had Sub or Super Supervisor today.
.
I received a call from my neighbor. They caught the man who assaulted her a year ago! They had been waiting for DNA results. He's been in jail for the last 5 months and is charged with abduction and assault. She is so happy, and was surprised by how much relief she felt. She said, "I assume you'll say a prayer of thanksgiving." Of course. Too bad she doesn't believe in God.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Enjoy the concert!

Your neighbour's comment made me smile. You sure she doesn't believe in God???

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks, Cathy. We left at intermission, but the concert was good.

When she told me she was an atheist, I said, "Good. That means that when you do come to faith your faith will be stronger because you've questioned and struggled with it." I see her not as an atheist, but as a rebel and a seeker. I really do expect her to come to faith at some point in the future.