Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday

I had a workshop to attend this morning, and planned to drag Daughter along. I promised that if she was up and dressed by 7:45, I'd take her out to breakfast. She was, and I did. We were able to walk to the workshop, which was in the church at the end of our street. I actually live closer to it than the pastor does, though he is still within walking distance, and he does walk most days.

The saint who takes Daughter walking picked her up from the church, and then brought her home after their walk. It has been a somewhat lazy day here at home. I'm struggling with the sermon for tomorrow. The Capital area clergy are doing a pulpit exchange tomorrow, so I'll be traveling across town to lead worship. A couple in the church I serve was the first couple married in the church where I'm preaching tomorrow. I've convinced them to go to worship there. I'll introduce them. They celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary a couple of months ago.

Daughter has heard from Birth Brother again. He's figured out where we can meet him. Daughter is freaking out. She is torn between her desire to see him and her terror at the thought of seeing him. It will be interesting to see how this develops. The good news is she is talking to me about her concerns about seeing him. That is major progress.

No comments: