Monday, April 25, 2011

The Morning After





After a full day on Easter, I overslept this morning-- the alarm went off at the normal time, but I didn't get up until almost 6:30.



Daughter continues to be cooperative with me. She called Birth Brother last night and left him a message, she was sobbing about how she needed to talk to her brother. When he called back, she was contentedly watching TV with me and didn't have much to say to him. She did tell him she'd sent him a message on facebook, and he finally sent me his email address with an apology for being so slow. I wrote a long email explaining some of Daughter's issues and offering to bring her to a point between us where they could get to know each other.




Daughter and I began our morning here at the church by getting rid of the balloons left over from yesterday. The pictures are from the sanctuary yesterday. I had 5 men from the property team in my office chatting before they began their project for the week: completely redoing the nursery. It will get new ceiling tiles, laminate flooring, and possibly a clear sealer over the murals on the walls.





I brought some paperwork from home that I need to fill out. I'll be in the office today, but the church work done will be minimal. I need to prepare for tonight's board meeting, talk to people who drop in, and may write a couple of newsletter articles. My top priority, though, will be taking care of the personal details that are creating stress in my life right now. After the board meeting this evening, I'll be ready to jump back into the work of ministry.

No comments: