Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Over Scheduled

I skipped walking this morning so I could finish up the handouts and PowerPoint for today's Lenten Study. This morning I edited the funeral bulletin for tomorrow. I got those done just in time for the noon study. We finished that at about 1:30, and I went into the office and proofread the newsletter. As I was finishing that, member came in and told us the story of his Dad's trip to te hospital. Then it was time for a committee meeting. I left the meeting early to go the funeral home. I got back to the church and spent a few minutes sitting with Daughter. I revised the PowerPoint a little for tonight's study. I began working on the funeral for tomorrow morning. I went down to the Lenten study and led it. As I was gathering equipment and papers the group set up for tomorrow's funeral dinner. I got home at about 8:30, over 13 hours after I left the house this morning.

.

I now have to finalize the service for tomorrow morning's funeral. I'm tired. It's been a great day. Both Lenten studies went very well. The groups were responsive and willing to share and be vulnerable. It's a crazy week, but we're managing to get the work done. I'm glad I can give witness to the resurrection tomorrow as we celebrate the life of a remarkable woman. I will admit, though, that I am really looking forward to my day off on Friday. Tomorrow will be just as busy as today, and it will include an opportunity to meet and cuddle a new baby. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: