Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Taking Care of Me

I've set up respite for Daughter on May 10 so I can go to the clergy peer group. There are 5 others in the group. I already know and like 4 of them. I'm looking forward to the fellowship, learning and break from Daughter.

I also left the church to go shopping today. I got myself a new cell phone. I've had a blackberry for the last 4 years, and this time I got the brand new 4G droid. We're supposed to have 4G here in August. It's going to take some time to get used to it, but I think I'll like it.

Daughter told me this evening she doesn't like living with the the tension around here. I told her she was the one who could fix it. She went on to say she doesn't want to move out. She's not ready, she wants to stay with me. She complained that no one is helping. Her Therapist has given her a series of affirmations she is supposed to say to herself at least two times. She refuses to say them. I explained to her that in order to change she was going to have to be willing to do things that are uncomfortable at first. I told her no one could help her if she didn't follow through on the ideas that were offered her. She got mad and went to bed. She went to bed with out doing the work she swore to me she'd do. Of course, I figured when she swore she'd do it that she wouldn't. There are times when she's very predictable.

No comments: