Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pulpit Exchange

The Capital area clergy did a pulpit exchange this morning. It was fun. I did one of my first person, leave the pulpit use minimal notes sermons. The regular pastor at the church where I was normally is tied to a manuscript in the pulpit. I apologized t her when she showed up after finishing at the church she had drawn. It was fun. I told her that if we rotated churches through the cluster, we could go years without writing a new Sunday after Easter sermon. She thought that was a great idea.

One of the couples from the church went to the church I was at. They'd been married in that church 50 years ago. They had a great time connecting with old friends, and were amazed by the number of people they knew. We all went out to eat following the service. The restaurant where we ate was next door to a store having its grand opening today. We went over to the new store after lunch. This is the first of this chain in the Capital area, and it was packed. We bought several things, and the line wrapped around to the back of the store. Fortunately, it moved relatively quickly.

Daughter mentioned the possibility of a hike this afternoon. I think that sounds like a good idea. I also think I'll pull the grill out of the garage and fire it up for supper. It's supposed to get up to almost 70 today. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

No comments: