Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Realization

I was at a gathering of colleagues today. We were talking about our kids and the challenges of parenting. As we talked about how car time is one of the best times for conversations, I realized that that is something we lost with the move to Capital. In Tiny Village, everything was at least 20 minutes away. Here, we're rarely in the car for more than 5 minutes.

Of course, this evening I was intentional about spending time with Daughter, trying to engage her in conversation in the car and playing cards with her this evening. She didn't want to talk, and she wasn't thrilled about the cards. I had just heard how much she hates how busy I am, and how I never had time for her. I pointed out that when I made time for her, she rejected it, so she'd best not complain about me being too busy....

No comments: