Friday, May 13, 2011

A New Mattress

Well, I can finally get onto my blog, but several posts seem to have vanished. Hopefully they will reappear at some point....

This morning I bought Daughter a new mattress. She has made it 4 nights, and 5 of the last 6. I did buy a water proof mattress protector to put over it, but she is quite proud of herself and I hope that she has put the bed wetting behind her. Some of her comments in the last 24 hours:

"I'm trying to be responsible, but it's hard."

"Mom, I was responsible with the refrigerator! I didn't sneak behind your back. I just got out the things I was supposed to!"

"I got tired of listening to your lectures."

"I don't think I've ever been this happy."

"Before I move to the group home...."

How long will this last? Who knows. I'm going to enjoy it while it does. She thanked the choir for their prayers last night and told them she was doing much better now.

One more week of choir, and then they're done for the summer. I'm looking forward to that. Yesterday we got home about 3:45. I mowed the lawn, grilled some sausage for supper, took a shower, and was back at the church by 6:15. Of course, I'm going to schedule some more meet the pastor gatherings, so I'll still have some busy evenings. It should still be a slower pace, though, so that's okay.

No comments: