Friday, May 20, 2011

Some Things Haven't Changed

I went to the grocery store this morning, and then came home and made about 50 breakfast burritos for the freezer. I got a call from one of the saints, who was going to come clean out my clogged gutters, so I decided I needed to head outside and get the part of the lawn that was in danger of getting wet if he used water to clear the clogs. By the time I finished the lawn and came back inside, I was negligent and forgot to put all the groceries away.

Daughter came home and tried to pick a fight with me. That didn't work, so she took a long nap. She woke up when Sister called, and immediately decided she was being neglected and that justified getting into the groceries. I had bought a package of 100 calories packs of a sweet and salty snack mix to put on top of salads. She at 5 of the 6 packs. She confessed when I looked for them to put on top of the salad I was making for supper.

As much as she's improved, she still has an issue with food. I need to be more vigilant about keeping the food locked up. Today was a productive day, though the house is still a mess. I just finished cutting up a bunch of honey roasted deli ham and turkey, and putting it in half cup containers for the freezer. I use them on salads for lunch and supper. I think we're going to eat a lot of salad this summer. I also cooked quite a bit of marinated chicken on the grill last week. It's already in the freezer. I like to have a variety of toppings available to put on salads. I'm going to buy some more half cup freezer containers when we head to the store to pick up Daughter's prescriptions.

She'll be going to camp in a couple of weeks, and they need all the prescriptions in their original containers. As a result, I'm not going to be able to fill the pill boxes for the entire month. I'm going to have to sit down and so some calculating to see how much I can fill....

No comments: