Saturday, May 21, 2011

Emotional Demands

Poor Daughter. Both Birth Brother and Boy Friend are making emotional demands on her right now. She wet the bed last night-- first time in a week. She says it was because of the extra food she was into. I think it was a combination of things. BB wants her to dump BF. He says he's too old for Daughter. I told Daughter I trusted her judgment, and fully anticipated that after the dance BF would be history. She didn't dispute this assessment. What BB doesn't realize is that he's pushing her toward BF by encouraging her to break up with him.

Today we met Sister Best Friend and her mom for breakfast and an art fair. I spent too much money, but it was a fun day. Daughter was quite frustrated because I wouldn't give/loan her any money. Thursday when I gave her the money she'd earned, I reminded her that we would be going to an art fair today. She decided she didn't want money or the art fair, and spent it all on Thursday.

Daughter is now sleeping, and I need to get busy and get my sermon written for tomorrow. I may go sit on the porch to do it, as it's a beautiful day outside.

No comments: