Monday, May 30, 2011

A Holiday

Since today is Memorial Day, Daughter's program is closed and I decided I'm not going into the office. That doesn't mean I don't have work to do. I am going to write some newsletter articles, and I'm going to work in the yard. I hope to get started in the yard early, as it's supposed to get up to 90 today. It's going to be very humid, so I don't think I'll be doing much work outside once it heats up. I may have to turn on the AC for the first time this year. I had to turn the heat back on last week. It's been a crazy spring.

Daughter told me last night she's stressing out about the prom this weekend. So is her "just friend." He called the church yesterday morning for details about how I'd pick him up for it Friday. I told the individual who answered the phone to tell him to talk to me Wednesday. I told Daughter last night she doesn't need to take him to the dance, she could meet him there. "Thank you!" She was so relieved. This is why I've refused to make plans to pick him up. I figure she'll change her mind a few more times before the dance. The meal better be good, because I'm not looking forward to this dance at all.

I will be firing up the grill today for the holiday. Friday Sister invited us to come to her house today, but I decided I didn't want to drive, I wanted to work in the yard. I hope everyone has a good holiday, and remembers the mean and women who have given their lives in service to our country.

No comments: