Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Random Thoughts

Last week when I mowed the lawn, Daughter refused to lift a finger to help. This week, she did all the trimming and sweeping. Some of her work was sloppy, but she did it. I'm delighted. She was so pleased with herself. She even offered to take over the mowing, but I didn't think that was a good idea.

It was another busy day at the church. Fortunately, there weren't as many interruptions as we had yesterday. Administrative Assistant and I figured out all the music through the end of June. It took all morning, but it's done.

My mother's brother died yesterday morning. He had been in failing health for years, but it still came as a shock. He was fine in the afternoon, and by the evening he was in trouble. Both of my parents were one of three children, and in each family there is only one sister left.

As we work toward a residential placement for Daughter, the initial news is not good. As of now, they don't think she needs more than 2 hours of assistance a day. That's not enough to cover her medical needs. She had a low today during program that they had to treat several times. She was dropping again by supper time, so I didn't give her any insulin with it. I'm not sure what caused the low today. I may need to reduce her long acting insulin again....

I'm off to start a book that will be discussed on my overnight retreat next Tuesday. Daughter's not happy about going to respite. I'm very happy about getting a break....

No comments: